Is Lake Huron really that blue? Yep.
Here’s why it’s a good idea to take a moment to consult this page before driving to Adventure Inn B&B:
- We are located in a rural residential area along the Lake Huron shore. There is no town, no sign for Adventure Inn at the road.
- Burtchville isn’t on a map. It’s the name of our township. Further, some listings locate us in Fort Gratiot (GRASH-ut), which is the primary postal designation for the 48059 Zip Code and the name of the next township south.
- North Lakeport isn’t on the map either. However, green signs on M-25 indicate where to turn.
How to find Adventure Inn B&B from the end of I-94 or from the Blue Water Bridges:
- Follow M-25 north toward Lexington.
- After about nine miles, when you have passed Lakeport Market, Duffy’s Restaurant AND the second entrance to Lakeport State Park, turn right onto Lakeshore Road. A Mobil station is located at that intersection.
- After the road curves, look for Shorewood Drive on the right. It’s about the fourth one-lane road, marked with a green road sign. If you get to Burtchville Township Park and the Tally Ho Inn, you’ve gone too far.
- Turn right onto Shorewood and head for the lake. Sandy Cottage is 3668 Shorewood Drive. Adventure Inn B&B is just beyond, a large red house.
Just to make finding us even more challenging:
- M-25 has several different local names through Port Huron and Fort Gratiot. Ignore them.
- Between Port Huron and where we live, you’ll see multiple turns for Lakeshore Road. Ignore all of them except the one next to a Mobil station.
- The 48059 Zip Code has two Shorewood Drives. Ours was platted in the 1920s, long before Zip Codes. The other is in a subdivision called Shorewood Forrest that is located along M-25 but not on the lake.
Faster route to Adventure Inn B&B if traveling east on I-69:
- Exit I-69 at Wadhams Road. Turn left at the end of the ramp to head north on Wadhams Road.
- Turn right at North River Road. (You will have passed through the major intersection of Wadhams and Lapeer and crossed a bridge over the Black River.) A few miles and one stoplight later…
- Turn right at Burtch Road.
- Turn left at the blinking light, which is at the intersection of Burtch and M-25 in “downtown” Lakeport.
- Turn right at the Mobil station onto Lakeshore.
- After Lakeshore curves, look for Shorewood Drive on the right. Turn right. Head for the lake.
Your hosts at
A bed and breakfast stay is a more personalized lodging experience. In case you wish to know more about your hosts…