Adventure Inn B&B policies
- Accommodation: One or two people may stay in each room.
- Minimum stays of two nights on weekends and three nights on holiday weekends may be in effect.
- Reservation and deposit: Book online, or email or telephone your room reservation request. We accept your deposit equivalent to one-night’s stay via Visa, MasterCard or a personal U.S. check made out to Shorewood Adventures Inc. You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation. Canadian guests, we’ll work with you to minimize conversion fees.
- Check-in and payment: Check-in is at a mutually convenient time after 1 p.m. Please try to arrive somewhat close to the agreed-upon time to assure we’ll be here to greet you. Payment for the balance due for the number of nights reserved is due on arrival, although we often settle up at the end of your stay. We accept Visa, MasterCard, personal U.S. check and U.S. or equivalent Canadian dollars. We add six percent Michigan use tax and a $1-per-room-night association fee.
- Cancellation and refund: Canceling the reservation more than seven days prior to scheduled arrival date entitles you to a full refund of the deposit. Exceptions may apply to bookings for certain packages requiring advance arrangements or purchases; exceptions will be stated in the email confirming the reservation. If you cancel the reservation with fewer than seven days but more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled arrival date, payment for the entire reservation is owed. We’re a small business, so late cancellations hit us hard. We will subtract, however, an amount equal to monies received if we are able to re-book the room(s), which we make every effort to do. No refunds are issued for same-day cancellations or no-shows. Shortening a stay is considered a variation of canceling; the payment and cancellation policies apply.
- Gift certificates and cancellations. Adventure Inn B&B accepts gift certificates that we issue and gift certificates issued by the Michigan Lake to Lake Bed and Breakfast Association. A guest’s promise to pay for a reservation with a gift certificate is treated the same as a promise to pay with a credit card. Thus, the same policy (see Item 5, above) applies to cancellations; before seven days, the gift certificate may be used in the future; after seven days, the gift certificate is considered redeemed unless we can fill the vacancy. If the gift certificate does not cover the entire amount of the reservation, a credit card will be requested to hold the reservation.
- Checkout is 11-ish. If Lake Huron beckons, do linger to enjoy it after checking out.
- Quiet hours are observed from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Smoking is permissible outdoors. (And please, no butts on the ground.) Michigan law prohibits smoking in a lodging establishment.
- We love children, but be aware that our bed and breakfast is not childproof and many guests choose a bed and breakfast to take a break from little ones.
- We love pets, too, but our Labrador Pucci is top dog here, so please make other arrangements for your four-legged friend.
- Beach use is for registered guests. If friends visit you during your stay, Burtchville Park has a lovely beach and picnic facilities less than a quarter-mile north.
- A tasty, full breakfast is served at a pre-arranged time between 8 and 9:45 a.m. Early risers may help themselves to coffee or tea. Breakfast menus at Adventure Inn B&B vary and may range from Admirably Sensible to Delightfully Decadent. Tell us your preferences when making a reservation. We make every effort to accommodate “must-haves” and “can’t-haves” if we know about them in advance.
- Drive slooooowly on the one-lane drive leading to Adventure Inn B&B. Yield to outbound vehicles. Duck into a driveway rather than drive on someone’s lawn.
Sandy Cottage terms of rental
- Duration of rental: From the day after Father’s Day through Labor Day, Sandy Cottage books for seven-day, six-night intervals from Monday at 1 p.m. through anytime Sunday. (By prearrangement, there may be an option to stay till 8 a.m. Monday for no extra charge.) The rest of the year, a two-night minimum applies; arrive anytime after 1 p.m. and linger as long as you wish on the day of departure.
- Number of people: Six maximum, including children old enough to walk.
- Reservations and payment: Book online, via email or by phone. A deposit of 50 percent holds your reservation. Pay by Visa, MasterCard or personal U.S. check made out to Shorewood Adventures Inc. (PayPal also is an option; inquire.) You will receive an email confirmation. Fourteen days prior to your arrival date, the balance is due. If the balance is not received and we have no word from you, we will assume you’re not coming, may rent the cottage to someone else and will keep your deposit.
- Cancellation policy: You will receive a full refund if you cancel 14 days or more before your rental commences and paid by check or cash. If you paid via credit card or PayPal, a 3 percent transaction fee may be deducted from the refund. If you cancel with fewer than 14 days until the rental commences, we will refund the deposit in full (less any transaction fees) if we can rent Sandy Cottage for the same period, same price or will adjust the amount of the refund to the extent we cannot. If the owners must cancel your reservation for some unforeseen reason, and we reserve the right to do so, monies paid will be refunded in full.
- Refund policy: Once you’re here, we do not issue a refund if the weather is poor or you leave early.
- Sorry, no pets, even though we love them.
- Quiet hours are observed from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Smoking is permissible outdoors. (And no butts on the ground, please.)
- An outdoor fireplace on a beach patio is available when the breeze is offshore. No other open fires are permitted.
- Children under 12 must have adult supervision on the beach.
- Enjoyment of the beach and cottage is for registered guests only.
- Parking space for two cars is available. No parking or maneuvering room is available for boats, RVs or similar toys.
- Footwear worn to the beach remains outside to preserve wood floors.
- Sandy Cottage is on a one-lane residential drive. Driving in, please yield to outbound vehicles. Duck into a driveway rather than drive on someone’s lawn. Keep speed to 15 miles per hour or less.
Extended stays at
Sandy Cottage rental
Sandy Cottage has been enjoyed for weeks at a time by writers, people visiting to be near ill or elderly loved ones in a hospital or nursing home, and people who are renovating their own houses. Outside of peak summer weeks, we can talk about lower rates for longer stays.